Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Stuff

This is my "Top Secret" project that i have been working on these last few weeks, I have had soo much fun creating them and I plan to continue with a small series. My concept is the whole idea of cassette tapes gradually having a "vintage" quality. Shortly after CDs became popular cassette tapes quickly was seen as out of date and worthless; but currently more and more people are reverting back to the cassette tapes as collectibles, like how records are more commonly valued. What i have tried to do here is convert the use of cassette tapes into a more commercial fashion.( like a cassette tape for mens belt buckle) and perhaps closely link cassette tapes to a more "vintage" era. Currently I am working on another pair of shoes, these shoes are from this era, Yellow Stelletto Heels... LOVE THEM!

2 comments:

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

I LOVE THEM! you are so awesome. These are just absolutely beautiful. Did you put all the silver swirls on the shoes, too? I can't wait to see the yellow one. I love the blue tulle coming out of the sides. On feet, they would look like little blue bird wings coming out! They're so wonderful! Shauna, you should seriously be in fashion. Did you see P.S. I Love You? She designs shoes in a very creative way in that movie...like, art shoes.

Kate said...

Simply marvelous. You've outdone yourself!